Garco is currently working as the concrete subcontractor on the Washington State Convention Center Addition (also known as “Summit Building”). The 1.5 million square foot addition to the existing Convention Center in Seattle, WA includes approx. 150,000 SF of heavy load exhibit space with direct drive-in access, 100,000 SF of Flex Hall, 100,000 SF of meeting/conference spaces, 60,000 SF of ballroom spaces, and 27,000 SF of garden terrace.
The project is split into three phases of construction with Garco providing support on all phases.
Phase 1 – Convention Center
Includes the exhibit, conference, ballroom, etc spaces listed above. (The Convention Center is a 14-story steel structure.)
Phase 2 – Olive Way
Includes temporary relocation of the existing Olive Way street in downtown and construction of a new “bridge deck” that will allow the project to operate underneath Olive Way.
Phase 3 – North of Olive Way
Provides drive-in access to the main convention center exhibit hall and provides building pads for a future 16-story office tower and 29-story apartment building.
Garco Scope Completion: 4/30/21
Total Project Completion: 1/1/22
Take a look at the photo carousel below and check out the exciting updates for this project.
In the last 10 months Garco and our subcontractors have installed:
- 36,000 CY of concrete
- 5.25 million lbs of rebar
- Formed/stripped 220,000 SF of walls, columns, and footings
- Placed/finished 160,000 SF of slab on grade, elevated structural slab, and slab on metal deck
Current and upcoming work includes:
- Convention Center footings are completing in the next 2 weeks
- Convention Center foundation walls and shear walls will be completed in May 2020
- Convention Center slabs are just beginning (approx. 5% complete to-date)
- Olive Way footings are complete
- Olive Way foundation walls and shear walls are complete
- Olive Way elevated structural slab is 50% complete
- North of Olive Way phase of work begins 6/1/20