The 240,000 SF modernization and replacement of original 1924 West Valley High School was designed to make a cohesive high school featuring a contemporary facade eliminating the various additions built in 1961 and 1988. The new designed creates a dramatic focal point at the main entrance located on the southwest corner for the school. With in the glass tower entry, the original West Valley’s decoratively carved granite archway is preserved.
The new facility is designed to house 1,200 high school students with nearly 50 new classrooms, administrative space, guidance and support spaces and technical shops. A new 1,865 seat gymnasium was add along with a new fitness center. A new library was designed, as well as, a 150 seat addition to the existing theater. A highlight of the project is a central courtyard, located off the new commons and cafeteria, was designed as a social space for students and the local community. This project was completed in four phases and the school was occupied during construction.