Lincoln Elementary was an existing 2-story 49,607 SF brick building constructed in 1948-49. Garco Construction was hired as the design-builder to lead the modernization and addition to the school. The scope of the project was to fully modernize this school with new finishes, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire suppression systems. A new 5,000 SF gym was constructed on the south end of the building; the existing gym was converted to a new cafeteria and kitchen; and the existing cafeteria was converted to a library. An elevator was installed to connect each floor for ADA access. The buildings envelope was upgraded to meet the Washington State Energy Code. Abatement occured throughout the building. Foundation seismic upgrades were also required. Site work includeqd creating a new visitor parking and parent drop-off.