The original “Glass Palace” high school, built in 1957, was designed in the International Style of architecture. Garco Construction and NACǀArchitecture were selected as the design/build team for the renovation and modernization of Shadle Park High School. The renovation included 220,000 SF with the addition comprising 55,000 SF. The intent of the new design was to maintain that “Glass Palace” theme. The modernization and additions resulted in approximately 125,000 SF of classroom space, 20,000 SF of Career/Technology Education space (including a wood shop, metals shop and an auto shop) and 30,000 SF of administration space.